The research project “Human Reproduction Reloaded” at the University of Zurich is looking for an Ukrainian visiting scholar working on issues of reproductive medicine from a social sciences perspective. The applicant should:
- Hold a PhD in social sciences or be at an advanced stage in their doctoral research (we are particularly interested in hosting a legal scholar, but scholars from other disciplines such as anthropology, ethnography, philosophy or other disciplines are also welcome to apply);
- Be a scholar with proven knowledge and research on questions of reproductive medicine (we are particularly interested in the question of surrogacy in Ukraine, but we are open to other topics or jurisdictions);
- Preferably be a junior scholar, but we welcome applications from scholars at all levels of seniority;
- Have an advanced level of English or German. Applicants who speak French or Italian at an advanced level might be also considered;
- Be a scholar directly affected by the Ukrainian crisis;
- Be able and willing to relocate to Switzerland.
Once we identify a suitable candidate, we will apply for funding through the Scholars at Risk program supported by the Swiss National Sciences Foundation. Provided that funding is granted, we envisage to offer a one-year contract and a salary depending on the qualifications of the successful candidate. The successful candidate will be part of an interdisciplinary and multicultural team working on different facets of assisted reproductive technologies. She will be provided with all the resources needed to conduct high-level research at our university. In addition, given that we are looking to host a scholar at risk, we will support the successful candidate as much as we can with the practical details related to moving to Switzerland.
To apply please send the following documents to Dr. Elena Brodeala firstname.lastname@example.org:
- An academic CV (no photo) listing education, work experience, any relevant publications, talks, grants or activities relevant for the position;
- If the circumstances permit, a cover letter which should also briefly refer to the previous research experience that the candidate has in the field of reproductive medicine (from a social sciences perspective) and any research interests in this area;
- If available, one or two publications/writing samples on questions of reproductive medicine from a social sciences perspective, preferably in English, German, French or Italian.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled, hence we encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible. In our evaluation, we will take into account the particular situation of applicants.
If the circumstances permit, we might conduct phone/on-line interviews.
When the position is closed, it will be announced on this page.
For any questions related to the position, please contact Dr. Elena Brodeala: email@example.com