Nina Jakoby is the managing director of the URPP Human Reproduction Reloaded | H2R and privatdozentin at the Sociological Institute of the University of Zurich.
Nina's research interests focus on reproductive loss and bereavement from the perspective of the sociology of emotions, gender and death studies.
- CAS Leadership and Governance an Hochschulen, University of Zurich (2021)
- Habilitation at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, University of Zurich (Venia Legendi Sociology, 2017)
- PhD in Sociology, RWTH Aachen University, Germany (2007)
- Diploma degree in Sociology, University of Trier, Germany (2001)
Work and research experience
- General Manager of the Gender Equality Commission at the University of Zurich (2019-2021)
- Visiting Professor of Gender Studies at the University of Konstanz, Germany (2018-2019)
- Project Manager of the Gender Equality Action Plan 2017-20 (OTM-R) at the Office for Gender Equality and Diversity at the University of Zurich (2017-2020)
- Visiting Researcher at the Centre for Death & Society (CDAS) at the University of Bath, UK (2013, 2015)
- Visiting Researcher at the Research Center for the History of Emotions at the Max Planck Institute for Human Development in Berlin, Germany (2014)
- Senior Research and Teaching Associate at the Sociological Institute, University of Zurich (2008-2017)
- Academic Associate at the Institute of Sociology, RWTH Aachen University (2001-2008)